Do you want to earn money from your blog. Just click the icon below.

Searching Box

Google

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Injured Torres eyes derby return


Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he is desperate to return to fitness in time to play in Saturday's Merseyside derby against Everton at Goodison Park.
Torres, 23, pulled up while training with Spain and a scan on Monday "confirmed an adductor injury", said a statement on Liverpool's website.

But Torres, who has scored seven goals for the Reds, said: "I intend to be fit for Saturday. I don't want to miss out.
"I've been told how special the game is and I need to be ready in time."

Torres has been in fine form for Liverpool since moving from Spanish side Atletico Madrid in a £26.5m deal in the summer.
He added: "I am very happy at Liverpool and I've learnt a lot - I love being at a big club like this.

"I have played in big derby matches before. I played for Atletico against Real Madrid and I'm looking forward to enjoying something similar in the Premier League."
Torres missed Spain's 3-1 win away in Denmark on Saturday as his side boosted their hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008 from Group F.

No comments:

Hot Download !!